Important Notice: This job description is not inclusive or exhaustive of all the job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Perform pre-and post-trip inspections of equipment and report any CNG Trailer defects to immediate supervisor.
- Accurately record departing and returning CNG tanker pressure and temperature information.
- Deliver and drop full compressed natural gas trailers at customer sites and bring the empty trailers back to the terminal to be refilled.
- Connect, and disconnect CNG tankers – deliveries to customer sites involve drop & hook only; training will be provided and drivers rarely come into contact with the product.
- Report any issues or concerns regarding a customer site to the appropriate manager.
- Drivers may be asked periodically to move equipment trailers, and other freight, and also to deliver overnight, as well as work remotely, in the Mid-Atlantic region (PA, OH, VA, WV, NJ, NY, KY, …).
- Depending on particular customer needs, drivers may be asked to stay overnight for a period of time.
- CNG training is provided; no prior oil & gas field experience is required.
- Carry CNG name and authority on the truck and become a dedicated CNG driver.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement and Hazmat Endorsement.
- Availability to work weekends/nights/holidays.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions when necessary.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs and lifting up to 50 pounds.
This position directly reports to the Logistics Manager.
While on-site at the Montoursville Terminal, all drivers will follow the directions of the Terminal Operators and the Terminal Manager.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch.
Working Conditions: This job operates on a work site and requires work outdoors and in inclement weather. The noise level on the work site can be loud from time to time.
Location: This position is based out of and responsible for deliveries from our Montoursville facility. However, this person may be asked to travel overnight to pick up or drop off trailers at locations out of state, or to make deliveries at a remote site for multiple shifts, but this is not the normal course of operations and is done on available hours of service basis.
Compensation: Contract Position – please contact to discuss.
Compass currently operates 3 shifts: 0600, 0900, and 1800 are the general start times, but our delivery model is just-in-time (JIT), so hours may vary and start times may fluctuate.