Solutions are a part of our DNA
We are innovators. We are delivering energy for today and tomorrow, powering the future towards a safe, reliable, environmentally sustainable, and economical alternative energy source. Through harnessing America’s abundant natural gas resources, we are providing a high quality product to customers across North America. A safe, environmentally friendly fuel supply is ready to be harnessed through our innovative technology and delivery solutions. By doing so, we are not only creating jobs, but empowering our customers to keep energy dollars here, at home, to fuel America’s energy independence.
Compass Natural Gas is fueling America towards energy independence by harnessing Pennsylvania’s natural gas resources for the betterment of your business, our environment, and our future. Our promise to you is effective, high quality, clean burning energy, and an excellent customer experience.
Effectiveness, Integrity, Customer Service, Excellence, and Innovation
Compass Natural Gas is a team of energy, logistics, engineering, and other professionals dedicated to finding effective and innovative ways to distribute and share America’s natural gas resources. Compass utilizes a “virtual pipeline” to deliver natural gas (CNG) to fleets and companies, eliminating the headaches and costs associated with pipeline infrastructure. All We Need is Road to safely and reliably deliver clean, green, American natural gas.
We are seeking someone who has a strong passion for the natural gas industry to join our close knit team as a Compressed Natural Gas Service Technician.
Job Expectations & Details:
- Work with the construction and maintenance of compressed natural gas and CNG equipment and associated control systems at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Performs inspections, schedules, directs, or performs maintenance of terminal equipment to ensure proper operation and environmental integrity.
- Performs sampling and testing of all products to meet specifications including monitoring equipment and maintaining testing equipment and documentation.
- Ensures all work performed adheres to CNG standards and codes requirements to meet commitments related to safe terminal operations.
- Diagnoses operational problems and takes effective courses of action.
- Collects equipment data and maintains accurate data.
- Knows and understands operations and safety rules.
- Develops and completes clear and concise reports related to the operation at the customer sites.
- Exercises independent judgment.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Assists in equipment assembly.
- Perform non-routine service calls.
- Assists in training employees.
- Communicates recent developments, current literature, and sources of information regarding assigned functions.
Education & Minimal Acceptable Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two-year Associate Degree in any trade related field preferred.
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude and proficiency.
- Experience in the natural gas industry preferred.
- Significant experience in engine, compressor mechanics, production equipment, and gas compression preferred.
- Possesses expertise on methods and procedures associated with fleet fueling facilities, custodial services, and facility maintenance.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision a must.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Class A CDL license.
- Available to work weekends/nights/holidays.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing schedules.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs and lifting 30-35 pounds.
Competitive salary with a guaranteed 40 hours. Benefits include: health insurance with optional vision and dental, paid PTO and paid holidays.
Traveling may occur outside of the workday to customer sites. Some overnight travel may be expected. The home office is in Mechanicsburg, PA.
We invite you to send your resume and qualifications to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest.